Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The Missing House

I regularly drive past this location, but only this spring did I notice that something else probably used to be here, namely a house.  I noticed two lines of daffodils.  The simplest explanation to me is that these flowers used to line a walkway.  And what would a walkway be doing in the middle of a field?  Nothing.  There probably used to be a house here.  The rest of the year one would never notice anything amiss.


 I wonder how many other absent houses are only exposed by spring flowers.

2 comments:

  1. Yep, good observation! Funny, I was just looking at pics my sister took of my mother's old house down in Florida that burned. I was glad I took photos of it about 5 years ago shortly after she moved. Nothing left now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whew, that was close! The house where my mom grew up also burned down, but many years ago so unfortunately we only have a few photos of it. I did have her draw up a floor plan so at least that is something.

      Delete